Arsenal top target, Houssem Aouar has handed Gunners a boost on their hunt to land him at Emirates Stadium.
Houssem Aouar remains a top priority for Arsenal but stacking out cash appears to be the only barrier as Arsenal appear to be the most serious side after the attacker.
Olympic Lyon wants €60m which Arsenal can’t give at the moment unless they realize funds from sales of players.
Popular French outlet, L’Équipe report that Houssem Aouar is determined to leave the club during this transfer window after all and OL can see themselves being reluctantly forced to sell.
However, the interest from PSG, Juventus and Manchester City has not translated into concrete fee negotiations.
The only team that OL have received an approach for Aouar from is Arsenal, who through Edu offered cash plus Mattéo Guendouzi – a proposal that was rejected. No contact since.
OL want €60m and nothing else – under contract until June 2023, Les Gones are in a position of strength when it comes to negotiating a sale this summer.
- See Also: Arsenal afternoon news: Besiktas back with Elneny news, Arsenal give ears to Guendouzi swap deal and many more
- Paris Saint German to offer star midfielder for Guendouzi
- Loan agreed: Transfer boost for Arsenal as Champions League giants strike deal
- Arsenal names shocking amount for want-away talented goalstopper
- The key role Arteta played in keeping Aubameyang at Arsenal