Arsenal are still keen on landing Atletico Madrid midfielder, Thomas Partey as they name price for Torino target after selling Emi Martinez.
Gunners are almost done with raising funds needed to land Atletico Madrid midfielder, Thomas Partey as they name price tag for Lucas Torreira, according to Tuttosport.
Having been on Arsenal’s want list for so long, Thomas Partey set for yet another bid from his English suitors after several failed attempts.
Arsenal know what Atletico want, and needing Partey’s services forces the North London side into letting Emi Martinez leave so as to raise cash to top up the amount they initially offered to pay for the Ghanaian midfielder.
To be fully equipped financially, Arsenal have reportedly also began moves to let Lucas Torreira leave the squad.
It’s believed that Gunners have named around £22m to let Lucas leave for Serie A after raising £20m from Martinez’s sale.
In attempt to get the 24-year-old off Arsenal’s wage list, Torino has managed to come from behind to overtake Napoli and are expected to respond with cash in coming days so as to facilitate the move.
The Uruguayan was left out on Arsenal’s 3-0 victory during their trip to Stevenage Rd as Arsenal debutantes shone mainly in the game, with 3 assists from former Chelsea man, Willian and a 5-year-smashing debut for Gabriel Magalhaes who also found the back of the net.
- You may like: How Gabriel Magalhaes shone in Arsenal debut game, broke 5-year record
- Arsenal linked to a second Dijon player as they search for Emi Martinez replacement
- Arsenal could complete major signing in next few days after meeting £60million asking price
- Arsenal legend sends message to Chelsea after “excellent” Willian debut
- Arsenal morning headlines as Edu receives Houssem Aouar transfer boost